There’s something about a warm, relaxing bath that can ease the day’s stresses and soothe the soul. And when it comes to creating the ultimate bathing experience, bathroom supplies like freestanding bathtubs are a perfect choice. Their elegant designs and luxurious features are the ultimate indulgences for any bathroom.
But with many options available, choosing the perfect one can be daunting. Do you opt for an oval or rectangular shape? Should you choose a lightweight acrylic or a durable cast iron? And what about those built-in jets?
In this guide, you can go through all the critical considerations to remember. From size and shape to material and features, you will find the perfect bath to soothe your senses and create the ultimate relaxing experience.
Consider the Size and Shape
The first consideration is the size and shape. The bathtubs come in a wide variety of sizes and shapes, so choose one that fits both your bathroom space and your personal preferences. If you have a smaller bathroom, you may want to consider a compact one. Conversely, you can opt for a larger, more luxurious freestanding bathtub if you have a larger bathroom,
When it comes to shape, it comes in a range of styles, from classic oval shapes to more modern, angular designs. Consider the overall style of your bathroom and choose one that complements it. Remember that some shapes may be more comfortable than others, so try different options to see which one feels the most comfortable for you.
Check the Material
It comes in a range of materials, and the following are some common materials used:
- Acrylic: Acrylic is a lightweight and durable material that is easy to clean and maintain. It is also an affordable option.
- Stone resin: Stone resin is a composite material made from crushed stone and resin. It is heavier than acrylic and more durable.
- Cast iron: Cast iron is a traditional, durable material that retains heat well. It is also expensive.
- Copper: Copper is a luxurious, naturally antibacterial material that retains heat well. It is also an expensive option.
Look for Various Features
Freestanding baths can come with various features that can enhance your bathing experience. Here are some of the most common features to look for:
- Jets: Some have built-in jets that provide a massage-like experience. It can be an excellent option for those suffering muscle aches or just want a more relaxing bathing experience.
- Overflow: An overflow is a feature that allows water to escape if the bath is overfilled. It can prevent water damage to your bathroom and is a must-have for many people.
- Integrated faucets: Some bathtubs come with integrated faucets, saving you money on purchasing separate fixtures.
- Built-in shelving: If you have a lot of bath products, consider a bathtub with built-in shelving. It can provide you with easy access to your products while you soak them.
Cost is an important consideration when choosing a bathtub. It can vary significantly in price, so you must set a budget before you begin your search. Keep in mind that more expensive options may come with additional features or higher-quality materials, but there are also affordable options that can still provide an incredible bathing experience.
Choosing bathroom supplies like freestanding bathtubs can be a fun and rewarding process, but it is essential to consider all the factors before purchasing. Keep in mind the size and shape, the material they are made from, any additional features you may want, and your budget. Considering the factors listed above, you can choose the right one that fits both your practical and aesthetic needs.